The Ravonettes

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Summer Reads...

I have been reading up a storm lately! What else is there to do around the pool, when by yourself? Exactly! Right now I am in the middle of reading Julie &Julia. You know, the new movie coming out about the woman who is stuck in a rut in her life and picks up the "How to Master the Art of French Cooking" by Julia Child and creates a blog detailing her events of cooking the recipes? It is actually pretty good. I am not done yet though, so I will fully comment on this one once I am finished.
Another Book I read was, 'Lavender Morning' by Jude Deveraux.

Now, I am extremely biased when it comes to Jude Deveraux novels. I adore EVERYTHING she writes. My favorite of her books being, 'A Knight in Shining Armor', seriously...if you ever want a good book to read to pass the time, it is perfect! Yes, it is a romance novel, but what is Summer reading for anyways?! Lavender Morning lived up to my high expectations for one of Jude's books...smart, funny and entertaining. Pick it up if you get the chance!

I saved the best for last. Truly an experience once you open the page and read the first words. I was rivetted and read this one in 3 hours. If I remember correctly, it is actually a 400 page book or somewhere around there. 'The Time Travelers Wife'

I laughed, I cried, I hurt, you name an emotion and you will feel it when reading this book. I just saw the trailer not to long ago about this becoming a movie, comes out August 14th, I will post the trailer on here as soon as I can locate it. But, definately a must read! I think I will reread it as soon as I finish Julie & Julia to freshen up before I see the movie. I do hope it lives up to the book!

Anyways, that is my Summer Reading list thus far! Any suggestions on books, please leave me a comment! I am open to anything but Thrillers...if you suggest one and I read it innocently, I will stalk you down and sleep in your bed so you can deal with the nightmares. True Story!

Ciao!~

2 comments:

  1. I want to read both the first and last book you mentioned, but I've never heard of Deveraux. If you like her so much I should look her up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read "A Knight in Shining Armor" first...it is literally her BEST book! Another one that is good is, "Sweet Liar." She has this one family that she writes about called the Montgomerys. They play reacurring roles in a lot of her books, almost like you know them. She's rad :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger