The Ravonettes

Thursday, March 19, 2009

The letter...

Today I wrote you a letter. A letter you will never get.
Today I wrote you a letter. A letter I will never forget.
I sat upon this very chair and slowly bowed my head.
Put pen upon the paper and just let the writing begin…

I wrote to you of days gone by. Of the things that you have missed.
I wrote to you of memories, of times we both cherished.
I explained the life I now lead, without you by my side.
I described the ocean you used to love, of the coming of the tide.

In the letter I poured my heart, and left you some lonely tears too.
In the letter I heard your voice talking back, I knew I hadn’t completely lost you.

I took this letter and put it in an envelope, an envelope with no address.
I took this letter to the shore with a bottle, a bottle that could accept natures stress.
I slipped in my letter and sealed the top, and let if fly with a vengeance.
I watched it fall and bobble to the surface, watching until I could only see its top edges.

Today I wrote you a letter. A letter you will never get.
Today I wrote you a letter. A letter I will never forget.
I sat down on the sand and wept and slowly bowed my head.
Raised my tear stained face to the heavens, and finally accepted your death.

You see, today I wrote myself a letter. A letter of goodbye.
Today I wrote myself a letter, to finally stop living a lie...

~

1 comment:

Powered By Blogger